Monday, January 30, 2012

Cheesecake Cupcake Overdose

Being that I am more inclined to bake than actually cook, each holiday I try to bake something sweet for my family and friends.

This Christmas, I made my delicious (if I do say so myself) Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes! They're SO simple and always the perfect amount of cheesecake for all - not too much and not too little. But, being the obvious holiday glutton that I am, I did overdose on these yummy treats!

See below for a really fun and easy recipe that I discovered many years ago from Creative Cook's Kitchen.

I hope you enjoy as much as I do!!


Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes
serves 12

You Will Need:
1        box of Nilla Wafers
1        can of whole cherry filling
1/2     cup heavy cream
1/2     cup of sugar
1/2     teaspoon vanilla extract
2        packages (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
2        large eggs

1        electric mixer
2        mixer bowls
1        cupcake tray

Steps:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 

2. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.

3. Drop 1 Nilla Wafer into each muffin cup. (This will be your crust. It saves tons of time and is SO good!)

4.  In a small mixer bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat cream until stiff peaks form. (Tip: Make sure heavy cream is chilled. Once cream is whipped, put into refrigerator to keep cool)

5. In another bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth a fluffy. (Tip: Before mixing, make sure cream cheese is at room temperature so it is more easily blended)

6. Add sugar to cream cheese; beat until smooth. 

7. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. 

8. Stir in vanilla.

9. Fold in whipped cream. (Tip: If you are unsure about what I mean by "fold," use this great video I found for direction - How to Fold)

10. Spoon filling into cups.

11. Bake cheesecakes until set, about 25 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack; cool completely. Cover pan loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.

12. Just before serving, spoon 3-4 whole cherries into the descended cheesecake cupcake. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment